Les offres d’emploi
Job offer: Communications Officer – World Organisation for Animal Health - POSTE POURVU
- Contrat : CDD
- Localisation : FRANCE
- Expérience : 5 ans
The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) is the intergovernmental organisation responsible for improving animal health worldwide. The standards it develops for the trade of live animals and products of animal origin are recognized by the World Trade Organization as reference international sanitary rules (http://www.oie.int/fr/).
The OIE, then known as the « Office international des épizooties », was created on the 25th of January, 1924. Its headquarters are based in Paris. It comprises 182 Member Countries and is present on all continents through 12 Representations or Bureaus in total.
Since its creation in the early 2000s, the OIE Communications Unit has steadily increased its scope to cover corporate and internal communication, digital communication (OIE websites and social media), multimedia, events, press relations and relations with the OIE’s networks. The Unit takes part particularly in activities aimed at the specialised target audiences defined in the Organisation’s Strategic Communications Plan and works closely with the scientific and technical departments of the Organisation. Its work also focuses on strengthening risk communication capacities of OIE member countries and developing awareness campaign toolkits.
The “One Health” concept summarised the idea that human health and animal health are interdependent and bound to the health of the ecosystems in which they exist. This concept is envisaged and implemented by the OIE as a collaborative global approach to understanding risks for human and animal health (including both domestic animals and wildlife) and ecosystem health as a whole.
Led by the OIE, the EBO-SURSY project started in 2017 thanks to the support of the European Union. The Project aims to reinforce capacity and surveillance for Ebola virus disease (EVD), using a “One Health” approach to better detect, differentiate and prevent future EVD outbreaks or outbreaks of other emerging zoonotic pathogens in 10 West and Central African countries, in partnership with the Centre de coopération internationale en recherche agronomique pour le développement (CIRAD), the Institut de recherche pour le développement (IRD), the Institut Pasteur and the 10 national Veterinary Services.
More information on the project: https://rr-africa.oie.int/en/projects/ebosursy/
Positioning and reporting
Under the authority of the Director General, the direct supervision of the Head of the Communication Unit, and in collaboration with other officers in the Communication Unit, the EBO-SURSY Project coordination team, and other technical teams involved in the EBO-SURSY Project and in One Health related activities.
The Communications Officer optimises awareness of the OIE and understanding of its mandate by ensuring communication around its activities regarding the One health concept. In particular, he/she is responsible for implementing communication strategies to promote the EBO-SURSY Project activities, in line with the organisational strategy of the OIE. He/she is in charge of producing and coordinating the production and dissemination of communication tools aligned with target groups and raising awareness of both general public and professionals, especially in two pilot countries.
Missions and activities
Coordinate and implement communication strategies and plans in line with the OIE institutional communication strategy, in particular those related to One Health and to the EBO-SURSY project :
• Engage closely with the other colleagues of the communication unit (especially Communications Officers for Editorial and Digital Communications or Outreach) to ensure alignment with the OIE institutional communication strategy and policies;
• Engage closely with colleagues working on One Health activities and on the EBO-SURSY Project, in particular the EBO-SURSY Coordination team, field partners and other technical teams to ensure being fully conversant on the subject;
• Facilitate OIE communication activities focused on One Health, in particular the EBO-SURSY project institutional communication, including coordination with the partners’ communication officers, the collection of featured stories, multimedia materials, redaction and publication of technical and press articles, website updates;
• Contribute actively to achieve the EBO-SURSY communication strategic objectives
Monitor the implementation of the communication strategy at the community and institutional levels, based on developed indicators;
Provide feedback on achievement of strategic communication objectives and propose changes as relevant;
Contribute to the EBO-SURSY project’s communication budget follow-up during the project;
Provide recommendations to contribute to the Project exit strategy
• Contribute to reporting on progress to OIE senior management.
Deploy various communication media to disseminate core messages
• Coordinate the implementation of the project dissemination strategy in close collaboration with the ten communication focal points of the ten targeted countries, implementing partners and service providers;
• Propose and support the design, development and introduction of innovative communication tools and materials for digital distribution (data processing, multimedia tools, interactive infographics, etc.);
• Manage and participate in the development of written material (articles, reports, concept notes, factsheets, leaflets), including scientific popularization;
• Review and update the EBO-SURSY Project Website to feature project activities and outcomes to ensure proper outcomes visibility
• Coordinate and take part in the production, compilation and distribution of Internet messages, and internally relay comments and requirements from Internet users;
• Participate in the animation of the networks identified as relevant for the project to ensure adequate outreach;
• As relevant, coordinate and manage press relations, in collaboration with external agencies when required;
• Evaluate engagement in the project and readiness for change to adapt dissemination as required.
Oversee and coordinate the development, production and implementation of deliverables by external providers
• Develop terms of reference and technical specifications for communication service providers, in line with the expected budget;
• Contribute to the selection and contracting of external providers;
• Define overall project schedule, expected delivery deadlines and milestones;
• Coordinate the technical work realised by the provider;
• Monitor and coordinate EBO-SURSY communication activity implementation by external providers in two pilot countries;
• Ensure budget forecasting, expenditure tracking and progress monitoring;
• Ensure quality of deliverables and compliance with project deadlines.
Facilitate the OIE communication focal points network and public relations
• Support the communication Unit in the organisation and facilitation of a seminar for communication Focal points of the ten countries targeted by the EBO-SURSY project;
• Engage communication Focal point on One Health topics, in particular in the 10 EBO-SURSY countries to actively participate in increasing awareness on animal-to-human disease transmission and reduce ill-informed perceptions of the potential threat at the Veterinary Services and community levels while fostering community engagement in zoonoses surveillance and prevention;
• Provide punctual support to the Communication Unit on other topics if requested by the Head of unit.
Qualifications and Experience
• A postgraduate degree or diploma in communications and at least 5 year’s proven experience in risk communications and/or international public relations;
• A relevant postgraduate diploma (master’s degree minimum) in international development with at least 5 years’ proven experience in the management of local community awareness projects, and national institutions engagement;
• Experience in communications projects management and the development or delivery of communication products in the field of environmental, scientific and/or economic data;
• Exposure to the international institutional field.
• Field communication experience on the African continent, knowledge of Ebola virus diseases and other haemorrhagic fevers would be an asset;
• Experience in public health and/or veterinary public health.
• Outstanding communication skills, in both written and spoken French and English;
• Strong project management skills;
• Significant experience with the use of the Office pack;
• Proficiency in web-based applications and media computer tools.
• Good knowledge of international relations;
• Outstanding multimedia communication skills;
• Knowledge of Spanish is an asset
• Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relations and the ability to develop synergies and partnerships with key stakeholders and contacts;
• Proactivity, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure;
• Demonstrated ability to be highly organised, independent, solution driven and a diplomatic professional;
• Capacity to work with multiple team members in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• This position requires flexibility to travel internationally and long hours in a seated position at a computer.
• The post is a full-time position based at the OIE Headquarters in Paris
• Salary: 2 500 € net/month, commensurate according to experience and qualifications (exempt of French income tax + Annual bonus))
• Duration: Two (2) years
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment. The OIE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions or beliefs.
This is a full-time position as an international civil servant based at the OIE Headquarters in Paris (France) that is available immediately.
If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 17 March at noon (Paris local time) at the latest by clicking on the link below.
To apply for the position, please click here : https://urlz.fr/bZJE
Petit rappel : vous répondez ici directement à l’entreprise qui recrute, Elaee ne peut donc s’engager en son nom à répondre de façon obligatoire et personnalisée.
Article suivant Expert Digital H/F #coffeeshop #beziers - Article précédent Responsable communication polyvalent.e
Je dépose mon CV
Toute peine mérite salaire
Rémunération, salaire, paie… autant de gros mots qui sont tabous en France, même dans les métiers de la création, de la communication, du marketing et du digital.